Re: OT: VBox incompatibility (?)

Hello Jordan,

A few points:
1) to disable Hyper-V follow MS instructions (N.B. it is not a BIOS feature):
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3204980/virtualization-applications-do-not-work-together-with-hyper-v-device-g
2) keep it simple, choose your preferred OS, and build on it. Online demonstrations use virtual machines as a convenience.
3) the host can be Win7 or Win10 with Hyper-V disabled, or Linux with a
Win7 (or even W2K) VM for running Windows apps. Win7 VM plus vDosXy
works well, or you could run DOS apps directly under a W2K VM (on a
Windows or Linux host).
4) if convenience is a consideration, the simplest thing is to run
Windows as the main OS, and Linux as a VM. CentOS may not be the easiest
for desktop use, still it is well maintained with excellent
repositories, and perhaps better structured and less fluctuating than
Ubuntu. I use it as a desktop VM on Win7, and as a server for my pages
in a VPS setting.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)