Emulate Insert key on a Mac?

This is a small thing but would appreciate someone's expertise.

Every so often I want to do a global CHange from something with Apple text encoding that shows up in XY4 as numbers and non-standard characters.

In Windows I could Clip it, hit CTRL-SHIFT-INSERT and then (IIRC) SHIFT-INSERT to drop it on the command line, so CH /266^π®/"/ was easy.

Mac keyboards don't have Insert, and though there is some keyboard customization possible through System Preferences, I haven't had any success.

Is there a way to do this through System Preferences or the .kbd file in XY4? Obviously I'd prefer a key combo I can do one-handed.

I'm using VdosMac, for which I give thanks daily,  in Mojave.

Jon Pareles