Re: Emulate Insert key on a Mac?

Reply to note from "Jon P" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted
sender "xywrite4" for DMARC) Tue, 4 Aug 2020 23:28:14 +0000 (UTC)

> Every so often I want to do a global CHange from something with
> Apple text encoding that shows up in XY4 as numbers and non-
> standard characters. In Windows I could Clip it, hit CTRL-SHIFT-
> INSERT and then (IIRC) SHIFT-INSERT to drop it on the command
> line, so CH /266^ϬÂ{174}/"/ was easy.

Jon, if you're running Xy4 + U2, there's an easy way to handle this.
Just DeFine the non-standard characters and command CHDF "<Helpkey>.
(No need to bother with /// separators, and no need to transfer the
funny chars to the CMline; U2 handles that internally.) And CHDF/T
would make the changes over the entire file without the need to move
the cursor up to top of file first.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx