Re: OT: Discuss

Kari,

Well, this is all very interesting. (Also that you happened to recall the tri-cornered apps support
that OS/2 enjoyed for a certain period.)

As a certified dinosaur in several regards, I hasten to add that I have zero interest in the annual
license, "software-as-a-service" model, and zero confidence in depending upon any
cloud-based solutions. Ownership and 100 % localized control will continue to rule the day here, so
long as I have any say in the matter.

I stand by things I've said concerning the clunky, needlessly perplexing nature of UI in Linuxland.
They need to make drastic improvements there, in order to take any big bite out of mainstream
territory. Ideally, things need to reach a Win-7 or XP level of user transparency, accessibility,
and resolving issues. In view of progress observed over the past few years, I am hopeful this may be
possible.

From one of those articles: "Microsoft's own Linux kernel is running on a thin version of the
Hyper-V hypervisor." But I thought that Hyper-V was itself verboten for many systems? I know it was
discussed here, but I'll need to go back and review past messages on what must be done, not done, or
turned OFF in system, VBox rather than VMWare (?), etc.

Nevertheless, I'd still like to see a Windows Xy-5 come out that reached the level of our
aspirations -- or close to it.

Jordan