Re: Settings for 35-line, 43-line, 90-column windows?

Karl, thank you for this. I'm afraid I can't make this work.
In vDosPlus-Xy, I've changed config.txt to use LINES=43, and vDosPlus opens, correctly  in a 43-line window.
In startup.int I have these lines (BX and Q2 and FF are function codes, of course)

BX LOAD C:\XY4\SETTINGS.DFLQ2 FF ;*;
BX DEFAULT SL=43Q2 ;*;

and in in settings.dfl I have near the top

df sw=80
df sl=43

And I have checked that there are NO other instances of sw or sl in either file.
I still startup with a 25-line Xy screen in a 43-line vDosPlus window.
If any generous soul can explain what I'm doing wrong, or even send me a
simple startup.int or settings.dfl file or both that will open a 43-line
screen, I'll be very grateful.