Re: A reprogrammable keyboard alternative

Hello Harry,

I am also an Autohotkey user, but there is still room/need for other solutions.

I, for example, use the hardware reprogramming for changing the places
of Ctrl and CapsLock, and kbdedit for putting additional characters onto
Alt and Alt-Shift layers, etc., Allchars for mimicking *nix Compose,
Autohotkey mainly for keyboard macros. Incidentally, the Cherry keyboard
'Designer' software is very good and easy for keyboard macros and
general computer control functions, so I may switch to that in this area.
Best,

Kari

Harry wrote:

Once again I sing the praises of Autohotkey, with a full and modern programming language (AutoIt) behind it. It’s light years
beyond any programmable keyboard I know of. Free at autohotkey.com. I’ve used it for about 20 years. Incidentally, has one of the finest Help files I know.