Re: access denied problem

Carl as usual you have the solution. When I did, from windows, a properties inquiry and it showed read-only as clear, I assumed that must indeed be the case. Nevertheless, when I ran the attrib command from Xy4 as you suggested, it did indeed resolve the problem. Just as a matter of curiosity, could you possibly tell me why the Windows property box didn't identify the file attribute correctly? Many thanks.

At 12/16/2021 09:36 PM, you wrote:
Reply to note from Bill Troop <billtroop@xxxxxxxxx> Thu, 16 Dec 2021
19:22:21 +0000

Bill,

> It is only when I try to save from XyWrite that I get this
> baffling access denied message.

Have you tried clearing the file's Read-Only attribute? In XyWrite 4,
command ATTRIB abcd,0 (where "abcd" is the filename). Or, at the Windows
command prompt, ATTRIB -R abcd.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx