Re: access denied problem

Reply to note from Bill Troop <billtroop@xxxxxxxxx> Thu, 16 Dec 2021
22:36:57 +0000

> Just as a matter of curiosity, could you possibly tell me why the
> Windows property box didn't identify the file attribute correctly?

The only thing I can think of is that the Properties dialog was
already open when the Read-Only attribute was changed (by another
process, presumably) from Read-Write to Read-Only -- meaning that
until the dialog was refreshed (closed, then reopened) it could not
accurately report the current file attributes -- the dog that should
have barked, but didn't.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx