Re: DOSBox-X version 0.83.20 on M1

Hi Bill,

Just make sure to add Z:\ to the %PATH%, e.g.

path=z:\;c:\xy4

Then Z:\ will be automatically expanded to include directories like Z:\SYSTEM and Z:\DOS.

To redirect the output of most DOS commands to a file, just append >filename.txt for the command
line. Or you can just copy the screen text to the macOS clipboard with either mouse or keyboard,
which is supported by DOSBox-X.

From the output it is apparent that it’s working directory is /users/billt, which you want to
change to something else so that DOSBox-X will find mapper file, font files etc in this directory.

Hope this helps.

Wengier

> On Dec 26, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Bill Troop <billtroop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> OK. From DOSbox, typing path reveals
>
> path=c:\xy4
>
> The reason for that is that is part of something I took over from the config settings suggested
by Carl.

> However, a different kind of info emerges from the z:\system\config command that you suggested
below. (By the way, how do I invoke that command so that the output will be saved to a text file
and, preferably, also display on screen? -- below I just typed out)

> DOSbox 0.83.20 user configuration directory:
> /users/billt/Library/Preferences
>
> DBX's working directory
> /users/billt
>
> Primary config file
> dellxps17/dosbox-x.conf
> [PLEASE NOTE the incomplete path here]
>
> DBX was started with the following command line parameters:
> /Users/billt/dellxps17/dosbox-x-sdl2 -conf dellxps17/dosbox-x.conf
>
> One thing I gather from this is that Z:/system should be in my path !!!
>
> At 12/26/2021 08:14 PM, you wrote:
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> Perhaps you can type PATH command and see what is in your %PATH%? If just typing CONFIG -L
does not work, maybe you can type this instead: Z:\SYSTEM\CONFIG -L

>> I think there is some misconfiguration in your global config file which you want to check
and correct. The directory as specified by working directory default in the global config file will
become the working directory for DOSBox-X.

>> Wengier

>>> You all may laugh me to scorn for this, but I don't seem to know how to get to the
command shell. I had assumed that this was when I arrived at what I have always regarded as the DOS
command prompt. Z:/, c:/ whatever. However, from here, it denies that CONFIG is valid command. Can
anyone please help me out of this pickle?

>>> I DID get DOSbox to use the startup file I wanted by going to the Menu and using the
command restart DOSbox with config file. Alas, that is not solving my problems. Yet.