Re: DOSBox-X version 0.83.20 on M1

OK. From DOSbox, typing path reveals

path=c:\xy4
The reason for that is that is part of something I took over from the config settings suggested by Carl.
However, a different kind of info emerges from
the z:\system\config command that you suggested
below. (By the way, how do I invoke that command
so that the output will be saved to a text file
and, preferably, also display on screen? -- below I just typed out)

DOSbox 0.83.20 user configuration directory:
/users/billt/Library/Preferences

DBX's working directory
/users/billt

Primary config file
dellxps17/dosbox-x.conf
[PLEASE NOTE the incomplete path here]

DBX was started with the following command line parameters:
/Users/billt/dellxps17/dosbox-x-sdl2 -conf dellxps17/dosbox-x.conf

One thing I gather from this is that Z:/system should be in my path !!!