Re: DOSBox-X version 0.83.20 on M1

One note about config -L

It reports that the user configuration directory is
/Users/billt/Library/Preferences/

but,
 /Users/billt/
does not contain an entry for LIbrary or Preferences.
Rather, the existing /libary/preferences on this vanilla system are straight off the "macintosh HD" or root.

If that isn't a bug, then what is it?
Meanwhile: XyWrite looks great once I execute the menu commands screen mode 43x80, and Output, TrueType font.
But nothing I put in config makes these things happen. And MAPPER
reports that the change I made has taken, BUT, the program still uses
the Mac's control key.

Just in case it's important, the chip is M1 Max; the OS is 12.01.
And I don't think I have the right syntax for the working directory default line in dosbox-x.conf. The documentation seems to me to indicate that it should be
working directory default /Users/billt/dellxps17
but this doesn't work, and I cannot find any suggestion how else to write it.