Re: Wrinkles with the Edward-Distro of DOSBox-x

I will. I will download as soon as it is available, hoping of course for an M1 version. I report only this in the meantime, with the latest Ed-Distro, which I think has the synchro setting (time plus, we hope, date) on: it still will not synch after sleep. HOWEVER, files will be saved under the correct time and date. So, while DOS and XyWrite now report that it is still Jan 1, a directory of a freshly-saved file reports that it was saved Jan 2, at the current time. So at least our save dates aren't getting messed around -- just our heads.
By the way, one of the nice reasons to use a Mac is that Macs always
go into and return from sleep instantaneously and without bugs. Such
consistent behaviour has been a rarity (or rather a nullity) in
Windows from 3 to 10 and with any hardware.
Ed, a special thanks for documenting the BRILLIANT use of options and
the option key.
FINALLY, I have a verifiable, repeatable method to crash,
simultaneously, DOSBox and Chrome. In DOSBox, where I have mapped
right-CMD to full-screen-toggle, if you try to DEcrease Mac overall
resolution by (so as to be able to read the tiny menus),
inadvertently, pressing right-CMD and two-fingers-up on the trackpad,
the crash will occur like clockwork, including before Xy4 is loaded.
Pressing left-CMD, which is mapped to Win-CTRL, does not produce this
reaction when the upward two-finger movement is made on the trackpad.
It will be interesting to see if the new version of DOSBox behaves similarly.
In spite of everything my overall experience of the Ed-Distro on M1
is that it is the fastest Xy4 yet. I imagine WordPerfect is also
great. Now can we please have a way to run Eudora ?