Re: Xy4 installation and upload files again

Forgive me for a perhaps naive question, but isn't an installer a burdensome and trouble-prone way of going about this? For decades I have 'installed' XyWrite simply by copying over one or two folders. Nothing more is necessary. Wouldn't that be the simplest thing for new users? It could come pre-configured with U2. And there could be a few .int files to take care of necessary customizations for beginners, such as those around screen length and width.

Legally, XyWrite is abandonware. The possibility of litigation to the
contrary has long been overcome by statutes of limitation.
I do have a question for the occasional WordPerfect user I run into,
who mourns the loss the of the DOS version. Is there an easy way to
install this and get it to work for Windows and Mac users? I am
thinking of one non-technical user in particular, a good writer who
has never been happy since DOS WP disappeared.