Re: Xy4U2

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Fri, 14 Jan
2022 20:59:50 -0500

> I tried modifying your STARTUP.INT (in a text editor) to specify
> the directory \PRINT\ (instead of \) for printer files (SG1906),
> but when I move the printer files into a \PRINT folder, XyWrite
> tells me it can't find the printer files,

Edward, besides modifying the 1906 line in STARTUP.INT, try adding
the \PRINT subdirectory to the DOS path. That should work, but if it
doesn't, please let me know. This mod is surely possible.

> I also found that the 1906, etc., items are documented in the
> XyWrite 4 Customization Guide.

I'm impressed that these items are documented at all -- so many of
XyWrite's riches are buried in EDITOR.EXE. I haven't cracked the CG in
decades, but I remember that it unlocked many secrets when XyWrite 4 --
actually, its immediate predecessor, Signature -- was first released.

I'll be eager to hear what Mac users have to say about your XyWrite 4
app.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx