a problem of my own making

Apols. I should have looked up the default keys for entering that wildcard, information which is available under XyWrite's own help by going to Index and pointing to wildcards. The defaults are, to insert in a search string

carriage return = shift alt enter
tab = shift alt tab

and they still work fine.

* * *

1. I use the EM distro on an M1
2. It reserves a key unto itself, Cmd-Enter, to switch in and out of full screen.
3. I have remapped Cmd so that it encompasses Dos-Cntrl.
4. An intensely useful command in xywrite, search for carriage return character, I have mapped to Cntrl-Enter. I don't know whether this is standard or not. 5. In any event, I can no longer access XyWrite Cntrl-Enter because it has been taken over by EM's cmd-enter key, which, until this issue arose, I was happy to let it do.
6. How do I get out of this? Do I simply find that line in the
keyboard file and map somewhere else? Is that my only choice?