Re: Exporting files with accented characters

Edward,
Well, I am not a regular Xy4 user, but I would use IBM ASCII (CP 437) as is. To implement this in Xy4, you could put accented characters in your keyboard table, e.g. to input German, Finnish or Swedish:
Ctrl    ;                 o umlaut     :39=ö
Ctrl    '                 a umlaut     :40=ä

or you could use alternatively dead accents as in:
Ctrl    ^                 circumflex   :26=s4
(These are in my Keyboard documentor format, see: https://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/XY_keyboard_documentor.zip).
All of these work equally well in Xy3/NB3 or Xy4/NB4. No difference
whatsoever.
I have great respect for Bitstream font products in general, but in the
Xy4 context, they are superfluous to say the least.
Another matter: Carl, did you receive my private message? If not, I can
resend, please contact me privately.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/
This ZIP file contains four files: xyfile.xy and nbfile.nb are two files that look identical in Xy4, but one was created by Xy4 and the other by NB4. When I export them as RTF ANSI from Xy4, I get the files xyfile.rtf and nbfile.rtf. As you can see, the RTF made by Xy4 from the Xy4 file is all wrong, while the RTF made by Xy4 from the NB4 file is correct.
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/XyTest.zip
<http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/XyTest.zip>

Am I misunderstanding everything about this?