Re: Exporting files with accented characters

Carl I'm only using the absolutely standard vDos command to paste (is it ctrl shift windows V? I'm at the gym now) and the simple method to copy from xy4 to windows namely, define text in xy4 then execute SAD lpt4. In each case vDos has the transparent intelligence to make the correct conversion and it is that capability I would like or even expect to see in Dosbox.

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 20:43, Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Reply to note from Bill Troop <billtroop@xxxxxxxxx> Fri, 04 Feb 2022
19:27:04 +0000

> For example, I just copied from Windows a-grave, a-acute, a-
> circumflex, and a-umlaut, and ditto for e, into XyWrite on
> vDos/Win10.

Bill, it sounds like your XyWrite copy/paste does code-page conversion
between Windows and DOS. I don't know what you're using, but a couple
of facilities in U2 do this (CLIP, ACOPY/APASTE). It is indeed very
handy.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx