Re: Request for XY3+ disks - 5.25" drives in the US?

Dear Paul,
This is indeed most illuminating. Some kind setup guide and instructions should accompany the archive with perhaps a note of the importance and place of Xy3+ in the XyQuest product range. And I still would like to have pictures of the actual disks. Lisa, could you oblige? Please send any pictures to me (lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx) and/or to Carl.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/
Dear Kari
The names I have given the discs are the names of the discs as they were released.  The first disc to install is XY3 word processor 3.55 which is the original version I obtained.  I cannot remember how the installation goes now but I imagine that if you install from this image it will then request files from supplemental discs 1 and 2 and from printer files, additional printer files 1 and additional printer files 2.  I also obtained an extra printer file for the HP 500 which I owned at the time.  I am not sure of the origin of the 1.44mM (3.5 inch) disc with still more printer files but I have sent them over to Carl, anyway.  The a la carte and training discs are self-explanatory, I hope.
Once v3.55 installed you can update to 3.56 and 3.57 using the
additional discs containing these versions.  It may be possible to run
the whole installation from the later discs.  I had disc image software
but it stopped working some time ago so I cannot test it out.

I hope that helps

Best wishes

Paul