Re: GUI Grep text search -- Questions

Carl,

I just discovered your GUI program from Grep and can not get it to work, after only about an hour of tinkering.  Before asking for help on this, I'd like to explore more.

1) BUT, I am wondering if the GrepWin program allows one to export the results to a .text file or any other file. This would save me a lot of time.

I am amazed at Grep's speed, etc.

My work these days does not require much advanced work on the keyboard but I am now into a rather daunting task and I do need to get the Grep process down.

I use DocFecher all the time, since you recommended it to me three years ago.

2) I almost hate to ask again:  What is the file for the installation of Xy on the vDos, or whatever the process is today?  I tried to get up and going maybe a decade ago but gave it up mainly because my daily life and work was not that much on the keyboard.  But now I want to get back to it.

Jay

Many thanks,

Jay McNally