Re: Request for XY3+ disks - 5.25" drives in the US?

Reply to note from "John Paines" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

("vf200") Tue, 12 Jul 2022 13:28:08 +0000 (UTC)

John,

> E.g. for building encyclopedias and dictionaries, Xy3+ is better,

> but for writing a thesis or a novel, Xy4 outshines.

To Kari's remarks I would add that XPL in Xy4 is significantly more
powerful than in Xy3, as exemplified by the U2 customization file
(http://xywrite.org/xywwweb/). One result
of this is that Xy4 --
especially Xy4 running in vDosPlus under Windows -- has the ability to
integrate tightly with Windows OS and apps. U2 uses many external
Windows programs (which we've dubbed "U2EXTRAS") to greatly extend the
power of Xy4-DOS running under Windows.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx