Re: Request for XY3+ disks - 5.25" drives in the US?

Reply to note from "John Paines" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
("vf200") Fri, 15 Jul 2022 14:16:05 +0000 (UTC)

John,

> If one doesn't exist in the available xy4 documentation, a brief
> upgrade guide for xy3 users would have at least one grateful
> reader.

The essential guide to switching is Signature: Making the Transition.
(I wish I knew where my copy is; if I ever find it I'll scan it ASAP.)
But as a quick-start toe-in-the-water, I suggest simply running Xy4
using your Xy3 keyboard file -- just like that. Most things should
work. To the extent something doesn't work, you'll begin to get a feel
for some of the differences.

Also, peruse SETTINGS.DFL, where you'll see familiar settings and many
more new ones. This should start you thinking about your personal Xy4
preferences.

Finally, download CM-ALPHA.XY4, here:

https://xywwweb.ammaze.net/dls/xy4commands.zip

This is a guide to Xy4 commands, listed alphabetically, which I've
extracted from XY4.HLP. The hyperlinks won't work (you'll need U2 for
that), but you can still browse it to get an idea of which commands are
the same as before (many) and which are new or changed.

Hope this helps.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx