Re: vdosplus keyboard anomaly

Reply to note from Kari Eveli <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx> Tue, 16 Aug 2022
08:06:09 +0300

> You could try to monitor your keyboard with KeyboardStateView
> (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/keyboard_state_view.html).

Kari, thanks, this is a very useful tool. Using it, I was able to
rewrite my "unstick" script into something that may actually help. It's
now called UnstickKeys.exe, and replaces/supersedes the earlier
UnStick.exe. The program now uses Windows API calls to clear stuck
keys, a procedure that KeyboardStateView indicates is effective. To
surmount the problem of stuck keys disabling the keyboard/mouse,
UnstickKeys.exe runs persistently in the background, using minimal
resources (in other words, launch it once and forget about it). If it
works as expected, it should automagically release shifting keys within
seconds after they get stuck. There is more detailed information in the
included UnstickKeys.txt.

Download link:
https://xywwweb.ammaze.net/dls/unstickkeys.zip

--