Re: Newbie question on running Xywrite III on Windows 10/11

That's just an external hard drive, isn't it? If so, you couldn't access that from a hotel in Borneo (where you no doubt will be vacationing).

Re personal cloud that, without thinking about it, is what my WD MyCloud Duo does, no?

On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 at 18:45, Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 27 Nov 2022
07:24:03 -0500

Harry,

> A server is ethernet-connected to a bunch of users, no?

We may be talking at cross-purposes. I was suggesting that a Windows
server might "serve" better for a Windows-based client such as
vDosPlus, but I'm no network geek. For all I know, a Linux server could
do it just as well.

> Oh! My apologies! Of course, and I'm a huge user of U2.

No apology necessary! We may have been able to build a more active user
community had we been able to be networked from the start. But ...
water under the bridge.

> giving in to Windows expectation of beginning each path with
> /users/[username]/

What? I've not encountered this. Even with my new laptop, which runs
Windows 11.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx