Re: Newbie question on running Xywrite III on Windows 10/11

Re personal cloud that, without thinking about it, is what my WD MyCloud Duo does, no?

On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 at 18:45, Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 27 Nov 2022
07:24:03 -0500

Harry,

> A server is ethernet-connected to a bunch of users, no?

We may be talking at cross-purposes. I was suggesting that a Windows
server might "serve" better for a Windows-based client such as
vDosPlus, but I'm no network geek. For all I know, a Linux server could
do it just as well.

> Oh! My apologies! Of course, and I'm a huge user of U2.

No apology necessary! We may have been able to build a more active user
community had we been able to be networked from the start. But ...
water under the bridge.

> giving in to Windows expectation of beginning each path with
> /users/[username]/

What? I've not encountered this. Even with my new laptop, which runs
Windows 11.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx