Re: vDosPlus XyWrite 4 Service Pack and vDosPlus XyWrite Update (for all XyWrite products)

Let me add that without Carl's help some things would not work well if at all. I know there has be a XyWrite following in Russia and other Eastern countries. Ukrainian users have now a comprehensive character set at their disposal thanks to CP866X (new and unique to DOS XyWrite). Maybe they will somehow rediscover what this has to offer. For the English-speaking community, the important thing is the possibility to use CP850 and CP437 with equal ease, all characters that belong to these CPs can be entered from the menus or using dead accents, and printed consistently with true width values based on new Ghostscript print files, including box and line draw.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/

Carl Distefano wrote:
I'm biased, having worked with Kari on this project over the last
eleven months, but what he says above is no exaggeration. Anyone with
an interest in writing, editing and printing in the Baltic and Central
European languages, Turkish, or Slavic languages would do well to
investigate the XyWrite 4 Service Pack. It's a big step forward for
XyWrite -- and, let me hasten to add, it was Kari's brainchild from
start to finish.