U2 setup question

This is a question mostly for Carl. It's been a very long time since I last set up U2, so I'm coming at it as a beginner.

The question is about the readme-u2.pdf.
Page 2 says to setup a Helpkey this way, and suggests that we should use F11:

nn=NO,JM,2,.,P,r,s,C,M,l,i,n,e,Q2
(I would have been grateful if the suggestion to use F11 had said that F11 is key number 87 - if in fact that's correct - but that's what I went with.)
Anyway, my XY4.KBD keyboard file has XH,EF, JC assigned to F11. What
will I lose if I replace this with the Helpkey string?
Page 7 gives a different instruction for setting up the Helpkey. Page 7
says to use:

nn=NOXHJM(,2,.,P,r,s,C,M,l,i,n,e,)

Which page has the correct instruction, page 2 or page 7?
Next, I've installed the U2-compatible XY4.DLG, and have followed the instruction on p. 2 to use

nn=$X
which I hope is right, but the contradiction between pages 2 and 7 still seems worth clarifying.
Apologies for these beginner-level questions. I hope I'm not the only
person who will be grateful for illumination.