Re: vDosPlus XyWrite 4 Service Pack and vDosPlus XyWrite Update (for all XyWrite products)

A word of thanks to Kari and Carl for these installers, and a note that may be useful to people who (like me) tend to be too impatient to read the instructions (always to their regret):
If you install the vDosPlus XyWrite Service Pack (v. 5.03), and if you
had earlier customized your settings.dfl file (as I did to accommodate a
larger window size, etc.), you will need to transfer your customized
settings from your old version of the file to the new one. I use a
file-compare utility to do this, and I couldn't figure out why some of
my customizations didn't "take" - until I realized that I had two
instances of the same setting in the new version of the file. When I
removed the (wrongly set) duplicate instance, I got my window borders
back as I wanted them.
When I complained privately to Kari that the updater lost my
customizations, he very properly reminded me to read "Before
Installing.txt." Don't make the same mistake I did. The update is very
much worth having.