Re: Some U2 questions

I can confirm that I have been using U2 very successfully for a variety of useful addons deveoped by Robert and Carl for many years now. For me, XY4 would not be the same without it.
As an addendum to other discussions, I also have a version of XY4 with
edited files that will run code page 1252.  This is equivalent to the
Ansified XY4 developed by Robert some years ago, but running in VDOS
plus with the code page set to 1252.  With this, all files generated in
XY4 can immediately be read by windows programs without any translation.
I developed this for my own use by hacking to exe and other files so
that the characters used for drawing the XY4 screens and menus were
moved to different locations.  Four or five characters are lost in the
process but most users would never see them anyway.  I am afraid this is
not very well documented but if anybody wants to see a copy I should be
able to put together a pack.

Happy New Year.

Paul