Re: A surprise announcement: DOS Word 5.5 has an installer

Along these lines, I actually think Word 1.1 is terrific for just
composing some text without much fuss.  However, I have to run DOSBox
to get at it and that's kind of a battery drain on my laptop, so I
ended up customizing the Nano editor to serve a similar purpose while
running native in Linux (and other systems as well).

Of course XyWrite is infinitely more capable for more complex work
(though also requiring DOSBox), but often we just need to write a few
paragraphs or a few pages just to get the text down.

Compare with firing up the current version of Word (which I don't
have) or even LibreOffice (which I do have).  Talk about using
sledgehammers to kill gnats!

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i