But assigning A: to DosBoxDisk and  changing B: to A:  in autoexec.bat  (and then cd \xy)  crashed XYvDosMac on opening.   Solution:  Assign A: to XY, and then back to the original autoexec. bat, with B: and cd \xy4. it's fine.   I can CAll my old XY files with A:Filename.

Text color is still gray but I will experiment with TestMode soon. XY4DBMac will probably have to wait until the weekend, but I expect the path will be smoother after all these instructive stumbles.

Jon Pareles

-----------------Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 13:59:35 -0500
From: Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Two systems for running Xy4 under macOS

Jon,
On using your own files, see the updated version of this page:

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/xywritemac.html

And please download the latest version of the application.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 09:03:51 +0200
From: Kari Eveli <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

For the record:

Standard keyboard assignments in Xy3:
Unshift  F1          | Begin/end sel. :59ñ,DF
Unshift  F2          | Save sel.to key:60ò,SV
Unshift  F3          | Clear selection:61ó,XD
Unshift  F4          | Select line    :62ô,DL
Unshift  F5          | Blank cmdline  :63õ,BC
Unshift  F6          | CALL          :64ö,BC,c,a,xc
Unshift  F7          | Copy selection :65ÿ
Unshift  F8          | Move selection :66ÿ
Unshift  F9          | Execute cmd    :67ü
Unshift  F10        | Goto cmdL/text :68Ì

And Xy4:
Unshift  F1          | Help          :59ñ,H@
Unshift  F2          | Ins. text macro:60ò,XH,SG
Unshift  F3          | Begin/end sel. :61ó,DF
Unshift  F4          | Select paragr. :62ô,DP
Unshift  F5          | Blank cmdline  :63õ,BC
Unshift  F6          | Next window    :64ö,XH,NX
Unshift  F7          | Spell check    :65ÿ,JM,(,S,p,e,l,l,)
Unshift  F8          | Formatted view :66ÿ,SP
Unshift  F9          | Execute cmd    :67ü
Unshift  F10        | Menu bar      :68ÿ,SH

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx