Re: Somewhat off-topic: an odd coincidence--or maybe not

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Sat, 12
Mar 2005 15:43:05 -0500

> What's intriguing is that they've named this spec U3. Suppose
> there are some sometimes XyQuestrians or XyWriters there?

XyWrite hasn't exactly cornered the market on the U-number
terminology. IBM has its "U2 product group" ("extended relational
databases, UniData and UniVerse"). There was the U2 spy plane, of
Cold War notoriety (though I think it's properply written "U-2").
And try fashioning a Google search that omits all references to a
certain singing group (no doubt specializing in Bach chorales --
"Auch Du...").

Apropos of your recent disquisition, "entente cordiale" showed up in
the NY Times crossword the next day. It was a one of those wide-
open, unthemed puzzles with only a handful of black squares, and
having one of the words in the cache -- there we go again -- helped.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx