Re: NB

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:36:40 -0500

> Turns out you can not just load
> your XyDos keyboard and away you go. I tried it, and after a few key strokes,
> nothing worked as mapped.

Nothing? Mine works about 95%, i.e. everything is fine except for the
hard-coded keystrokes.

> In fact the thing went kaflooey... I can define a block of text, but when I
> move the cursor I lose the define, perhaps a consequence of trying to make a
> Win program behave like a DOS program.

It's their UA UserAccess default. The XyWrite default was 0 (DF blocks remain
DeFined no matter where the cursor is located); the NB default is 1 (DF
blocks are released if cursor leaves the DF block, and the Delete key zaps the
whole block -- isn't this the standard behavior of lots of Windows programs?).
So set UA back to 0 in NB's DeFauLts file...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx