Re: Threading (Message-ID: 200212210734.gBL7YnBT007741@xxxxxxxx)

** Reply to message from Patricia M Godfrey  on Thu, 26 Dec
2002 20:34:07 -0500

> Well, I heard the tech support guy tell my friend that one HAD to
> use Outlook; no other e-mail app would do.

What a crock. POP is POP is POP, however you slice it. What they really mean
is, "you're on your own." It's so much cheaper to train their techies in one
set of applications only -- and still be able to boast about their Support.

Polarbar's font size is as big (or small) as any font supported by your
operating system goes -- 36pt, 72pt, sky's the limit. Depending on screen
resolution, I run at about 12-16 pt. And of course it can dial up, fetch,
send, and hang up in a jiffy -- assuming you really *want* to receive phone
calls (I used to specialize in programs that jam the phone line so that NOBODY
can intrude on my P&Q, ring some damn insistent bell in my home! OUTRAGEOUS).
Polarbar is professional stuff. Also runs transparently under ANY operating
system, affording a pleasant continuity if you anticipate transition to *nix.
Virus proof, too -- unlike a certain conduit of disease which has been
mentioned approvingly in this thread. But mainly, I just like the philosophy:
users are writing the program (some users -- the rest are
testing/critiquing/suggesting/fixing -- a very gemutlich mail list). You end
up with the Emailer you want and DESERVE.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx