XyWin query: can Alt+F4 be changed in .KBD?

In XyWin I occasionally fall foul of the Windows combination Alt+F4, which
terminates a program instantly, and I bail out of XyWin when I didn't intend to.

In Xy4DOS I've set up Alt+F4 to run a simple macro that puts "Quit" on the
command line but without "XC", and then prints on the status line the
instruction "Hit F9 to quit, or Esc to continue". I've added the same routine to
my XyWin .KBD file, but there it doesn't work: the program just quits anyway.

Any advice?

Eric Van Tassel