XyWin question

I'm experimenting with a way to print from XyWrite for Windows running under otvdm (described in an earlier post).
When XyWin launches, it displays an error message that there is a
problem with the Windows printer driver, and use a XyWrite driver
instead. I can prevent this message from appearing by setting the
default Windows printer to Generic/Text Only, but this isn't really
practical for other purposes, and prevents XyWrite from using screen fonts.
My printer setup in XyWrite uses the XyWrite driver. Is there any way to
prevent it from even looking for the Windows driver?