Re: Tilde ...

> Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:54:16 -0500
> Patricia M Godfrey  :

> . . . I too am a writer and editor, and utterly left-brained mentally
(I not only think in words, I dream in them for the most part), though
physically left-handed. Thus I find GUIs totally unintuitable . . .

Hmmmmm. I've come to watch this list for Patricia's posts, finding
them eminently sensible & informative. . . . And now `physically
left-handed': I might've guessed it.

You see, after 20 years of editing a science news magazine, I looked
back -- & realized that nearly all my best editors had been
left-handed women. A statistical freak? An unsuspected bias on my
part when hiring? Well, maybe, but . . . .

Long afterward, I chanced to mention my observation to another
editor, & she replied that yes, the same thing had been observed in
her publications office.

Make of it what you can.

Wendell Cochran

-- a right-handed male who finds GUIs awkward & repellent, &
entirely rejects `intuitive'.