Your Article on XYWRITE

Dear Mr Dembart:
 I've just read with great interest you recent article on word
processing packages and XYWRITE in particular.
 I'm one of many who still belong to the "old timers" club of XYWrite
users - there are MANY of us and we are all happy with it. While the
owning company has ceased development, a replacement - having all of the
capabilities is on the market - NotaBene.
 Most, if not all, of us XYWRITE users have tried WORD from time to
time and find it not only having the pproblems you reported, but also a
singular lack of either capabilities or information as to where and how
to use features. For example, Leading requires the use of tab stops in
Word whille it is independent in XY - this means that to use leading
with a different set of tabs is not easily accomplished in Word.
Another example: If you or any of your journalist compatriots can tell
us novices how to use REDLINING in Word, I for one would be most
appreciative. These are just two of the examples others abound and
exemplify Microsoft's imposition of what it thinks is needed rather than
what the customer base wants.
 Probably the MOST important capability in XY deals with its internal
programming (not just macro) capability. XPL (XYWRITE Programming
Language) is an extremely powerful language and allows the generation
AND use of complex - in addition to the obvious simplistic - processes.
One use of that language is a library of extremely powerful support
"calls" called the U2 library. This library coupled with the capability
of EASILY creating hot key combinations in a special keybard file makes
the use of XYWRITE nt only powerful but also customized.
 I could go on and on and on ... but I think you get the drift. May I
suggest you contact the XYWRITE List and ask for additional comments
from the many users. I suspect you'll get an earful! To subscribe (you
can un-subscribe any time) send an E-mail with a single text line(sans
quotation marks) "subscribe xywrite " to:
listproc@xxxxxxxx
 I look forward to more of your articles on this subject.
Dick Giering