Re: Mouse Madness

Jordan, the RX default value of 15 has generally worked out as an appropriate
value. The RX default is discussed briefly on page 34 of the XyWrite
Customization Guide. Although I cannot provide an in-depth technical
explanation of the X and Y "mouse-to-pixel ratio", I can inform you that we
have had very few problems with handling the mouse in XyWrite 4. I would
recommend two things:

1. Ensure that the RX and RY are set appropriately...try a higher number for
slower response as well (i.e., 25).

2. Provide me a copy of your AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS. Just a hunch... but
I would like to see the loading procedure and placement of the mouse driver.
Development informed me that our program simply reads a software interrupt
which must be initiated by the mouse driver. We read the values which are
provided at that interrupt... if they are proper, we handle the mouse with no
problems. I do not have the interrupt number, nor the values available at this
time. You can fax these files to 508-671-0858.

SysOp