Re: Cannot Load Printer

Judith Davidsen wrote:

> And I am a little perplexed by the response you got from
> Lexmark. The only reason I bothered looking into Lexmark
> printers was the occassional favorable mention the brand had
> received on this list. Maybe the company has changed
> direction?

One sidelight of interest is that the Lexmark inkjet models I have used have
their printheads inside each cartridge. (Not sure if this applies to their
whole line.) A clogged printhead is likely the number one reason users toss
the less expensive inkjet printers as not being worth repairing. So this is
one less thing that can go wrong. If you buy a used older model Lexmark, and
the paper handling mechanism is working well, you're in solid: add a new
cartridge and you're right back in business. The older models (non-USB) that
I've owned also came standard with Level 2 Postscript, which is unheard of at
anywhere near the prices involved.

Jordan