Re: Xy enthusiasm

Hi Watts,

> Does anyone know of such a thing for XyWrite
> (hopefully that's adaptable to Nota Bene, in my case)? I looked through the
> XPL archives for this mailing list and didn't see such a thing, but I might
> not have looked very carefully.

About five years ago a friend downloaded from CompuServe a bunch of
XyWrite XPL things, among which was a very nice screenwriting add-on for
XyWrite III+ written by an honest-to-gosh Hollywood writer.

It was called WALK (don't know why), and I played with it
for a few weeks just for curiosity. I'm not a screenwriter myself, so
it found no permanent home here, but I did find it fascinating for its
use of styles. At that time it was located somewhere in the IBMAPP
forum libraries.

I just now logged on to CIS trying to find IBMAPP, but it's long gone.
Maybe someone on the newer PCAPP forum could give you directions or a
suggestion. If you do find it, I think you'll enjoy its rather clever
bells and whistles. Good luck.

Charles Burke, Tokyo