Re: Xy enthusiasm

Actually, I've been using VDE since its CP/M incarnation (it may be as old
as XyWrite is), and it is indeed faster than Xy. Much more limited, but
it's a text editor, not a word processor. It does make file conversions
very simple, as long as the files don't have a lot of formatting... load it
in as a WordStar, WP, or whatever file, change its filename to something
ending with the "/X" switch, and save it again.

Mentioning it does bring up something, though. VDE, despite my assertion
about it not being a word processor, has a surprisingly complete
screenwriting package for it. Does anyone know of such a thing for XyWrite
(hopefully that's adaptable to Nota Bene, in my case)? I looked through the
XPL archives for this mailing list and didn't see such a thing, but I might
not have looked very carefully.