Re: XyWhere?

On Sun, 18 Aug 1996, Bob Brody wrote:

> I'm thinking more in terms of my own current needs, not
> future products, so I'm deciding on whether to upgrade to
XyWrite for
> DOS version 4.whatever and/or XyWrite for Windows (95, or the
3.11
> thingie).
>
> Is it worth the bother to upgrade or just sit tight with my
3.55 for
> now and see whatever this new product from TTG is going to be
about?
> I do have immediate need for a Windows (95 or 3.1) compatible
word
> processor but do not favor losing the agility that XyWrite
offers
> (unless the Windows XyWrite is in all candor a piece of junk).

The last thing we heard here about the "new product" was back in
April,
when Ken Frank suggested it would be ready for beta testing in
the
second quarter of the year. I've asked him here for an update,
but have
had no response.

I will send you directly, so as not to occupy bandwith
unnecessarily, his
April missive detail the new product's expected bells and
whistles. The
last version of XyWrite was 4.016 or 4.017, but I don't have a
clue who
might still be selling it. Perhaps someone else here can
enlighten you.

--Marv Katz