Mobile rack for Hard drive backup

A couple of people asked where to get the mobile rack for using a second
hard drive as backup.

Thanks to Otis Port's reference to computergate, I've got a web site for
the exact brand I've used for two or three years, quite happily. There are
two parts, for a total of $23 (excluding shipping):

http://12.46.196.199/cgi-bin/prodinfo?sn=69650835104428&cd=XMRL07A
http://12.46.196.199/cgi-bin/prodinfo?sn=69650835104428&cd=XMRLX30A

Highly recommended.
Installation note: there is the issue of whether your second drive is
configured as "master" or "slave." After much confusion, I figured this
out: if you put both drives on the same ribbon cable (connecting to your
motherboard), one has to be jumpered as "master" and one as "slave." If you
use two different ribbon cables, both can be jumpered as "master." The
default jumper setting for most drives is "master." And, of course, a
"jumper" is a little black plastic doodad about the size of a match head
that makes a connection between two pins on the drive (look on the front or
back of your drive). Further complication: some of us have CD-ROMs on the
cable, configured also as master or slave. You can't have two devices as
master on the same cable.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx