Re: Outlook Alternative--humor and irrelevancy

Thanks for the thoughtful, not to mention nostalgic, responses!

I was trying to communicate--in a mostly humorous, partly sarcastic, way--that it's tiresome when
everyone simply weighs in on what their "Outlook Alternative" is. Yes, the list can feel
like a family sometimes, but all my second and third cousins don't need to know what other programs
I use. (Especially since Outlook has nothing to do with XyWrite, except perhaps in an exceedingly
peripheral way.) Sharing what kind of car I drive seemed nearly as relevant--I dunno, it seemed to
make sense to me, in a funny kind of way. {-:

I do appreciate the off-topic stuff. It's just that this one seemed to go on so long with nothing
new except people telling what they used. "I use suchandsuch." "Oh, I use
thisorthat." etc. None of which seemed all that interesting to me. Glad others appreciated it
though.

Anyway, that's now my $.04 on the subject. Probably $.03 more than anybody wanted to hear.

 (-:

--Timothy Olson
TLO@xxxxxxxx
(630) 784-5327

>>> Jay McNally  08/16/01 03:32PM >>>

Tim Olson writes that he has an 11-yr-old Civic w/117,000 miles, "yada,
yada, yada," but want to get back to XyWrite "PLEASE" (his emphasis). I'veg
 ot a Ford Aerostar w/ 128,000 miles.

Well, I happen to think the folks who use XyWrite have got to the some oft
 he smartest folks on the planet, and I rather enjoy the miscellaneous
gibber-jabber on this site, particularly about Outlook,which I am forced tou
 se at my company.

 I feel like I'm reading stuff from people who know reality. I'd love toh
 ave dinner with some of the folks who contribute here. Admittedly, I'm
very new to this site.

As for cars, since Tim Olson started a new thread, let me add some advice Ig
 ot yesterday from a father of 10 (with 3-or 4 of college age) that any
sensible person -- that would be a XyWriter -- can use:

1) He always buys cars w/ over 100,000 miles because "they've proven theya
 re good cars" and the cost is next to nothing.
2) He has bought 8 used -- as in "really used" Dodge Colts over the yearsa
 nd thinks they are maybe the best around for very basic and cheap
transportation.

ps.... I won't do this again.

====

At 04:13 PM 8/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I don't use Outlook, but I drive a 1990 Honda Civic hatchback, red, with>
 over 117,000 miles, the first and only car I've ever bought. It still runs>
 well and is in great shape. Yada yada yada.