Re: search subdirectories

Carl--

I missed SWEEP completely when I was looking through U2 for
possible solutions, but now that I'm trying it I'm getting
different results from yours.

> SWEEP se d:\path\*.*"search_term"
>
> When you choose to open a file, you're left, rather
> unhelpfully, at the top of the file, not at the last
> found instance of the search_term.

Not for me. The command lands me right on the search term in
each open file, but opens only the files in the directory,
not the subdirectories.

> SWEEP JM2.se[sv50,d:\path\*.*"search_term"]Q2

Again, this works only in the directory but not the
subdirectories, and also opens only one file, not all the
relevant files in the directory.

> For further information, see the Help screens on SWEEP and Global
> Search: command HELP SWEEP and HELP Global Search.
> The pseudo-XPL used in SWEEP's U2 usage is XMACRO code. It may not
> be pretty to look at, but it puts the power of XPL right up there on
> the command line. Command HELP XMACRO for details.

Does my getting SWEEP to do what I want it to do depend on
my grasping the details at SWEEP, Global Search and XMACRO?

Thanks for your help.
Judith