Re: Tame cursor in seamless

Jon,
Glad you are having success. I have killed myself over this. I'm beginning to think there's a flaw in my methodology (or lack of one).
If I understand correctly, XPM User is Windows 7's affectionate pet name for XP Mode, while tsclient is DOS's way of addressing the host via the network. But don't quote me.
Oh, makes some sense. Like the difference between an IP address and the
English language name. Only one step removed: \\tsclient is already a
sharename (or whatever the term is).
I've abstained from elaborate networking. I use XY in a window, not fullscreen,

Me too. I have no desire for full screen.
so the Win7 desktop is always visible. When I want to move a Win7 file into virtual XY, which isn't very often, I open the XP desktop from the Virtual PC program group and copy it into my (virtual) XY folder. XY4 has to be closed first. For saving files into Win7, I have a key programmed to SA //tsclient/c/xy as explained in a previous post.
I using the drive mapping I wrote about. Xy sees the host as K: and the
host sees Xy and X:
It's not good to be going into and out of seamless mode all the time. In
that vein, here's one trick I've found. Suppose you are in Xy, in seamless
mode, and you want to access something on the VM, like Control Panel,
maybe. You can shell to DOS and run, at a command prompt, explorer.exe.
That will give you the regular XP explorer window inside the Xy-only
session. Alternatively, shell to DOS and use the regular DOS commands to
get around in the VM's (hibernating) virtual hard drive.
Still have to try Carl's re-routed Paste. DeCode doesn't seem to work in XP Mode, so I'll have to bounce that frame in from another computer.
On my system, Encoding and Decoding "works" but produces some wrong
characters--that's true both in XP Mode and in Parallels. May try it on
VMware Player next.
Jon Pareles