Re: Footnote number size

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:01:34 -0400 (EDT)

> How do you change the font and size of the footnote numbers as they appear
> in the body of the document--i.e., as the antecedent symbol to which the
> footnote content then refers?

Good question. I've always chafed at this. Apart from SUperscripting the
footnote symbol, it seems that otherwise you're stuck with the prevailing font &
size -- there's no control that I know of. So what I've always done is use a
little program (FMTFNS) to insert any code I want right in front of the footnote,
and then again after the footnote, or alternatively -- using a switch --
to delete these formats. That works well and quickly. (Hmmm. I see that it is
not part of XyWWWeb.U2. I'll include it in the next version that I upload.) I
may be wrong, but I think there's no thought given to this issue -- maybe NBWin
picks up the ball?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx