The X in CTRLX

At 05:20 AM 4/2/2006, Harry Binswanger wrote:
It goes without saying, when you're playing with real guillemets (e.g. writing
code), unless you really know what you're doing, you should always be in
eXPanded view!
To that end, I have in my KBD file, in table=CTRLX
I spent some time in XYSEARCH looking for an answer to this question
-- I'm sure it's there but couldn't find it -- so forgive me for
wasting a bit of bandwidth, but, again, please, why do we add that
*X* suffix to the CTRL headers in the keyboard file tables?

michael.norman@xxxxxxxx