$XKey / STACK query . . .

There's a line in the HELP file for Carl's Enhanced Func XC frame that says,

- If (and only if) Stack.PM is in use, commands issued with <$Xkey> are added to the Stack (command history). Do NOT use "$S" in the KBD-file assignment; $X calls Stack internally.

I can't get my head around it. Would someone care to parse it for me? I do load STACK in http://STARTUP.INT with the following two lines:

JM2.stack.intQ2​ ;*;
≪SV50, RC:\xy4\my.stk≫JM2.STACKAUXQ2 ;*;

rather than via keyboard assignment. Seems to work with $SKey assigned and fully operational; but I would still like to understand the HELP statement. Thank you.​