Re: LIST.COM

Now that Rene has been brave enough to admit that he didn't know what
LIST.COM was for, I'll admit that neither did I.

I'll also admit that I haven't any idea what to do with a ZIPped file once
someone has kindly sent me one.

 Not only do I not care about Word EOFs: I don't worry about what happens
to those poor benighted folks who haven't learned to use XyWrite. (When I
last found myself in a multi-user environment where files had to be shared,
and where formatting details were critical [though before the days of
serious intra-office networking], I was fortunate enough to be the boss of
the editorial department: so I simply ordered the whole team to switch to
XyWrite. The devout users of WordPerfect [there wasn't such a big Word
constituency back in 1990] grumbled, but they gave in.) I'm so happy with
XyWrite that when I do have to send a file to someone who seriously needs
to use all its formatting details, but they can't use a XyWrite file, I
just run it through an XPL routine that converts everything to unarguable,
non-controversial low-ASCII, and insert a simple translation table at the
top of the file.

But LIST.COM does sound as if it might be useful even for me. Can a member
of this List tell me in simple language what to do to unZIP it?

Thanks
Eric Van Tassel